As a floral designer, I often get asked what it’s like to do what I do. Do I just play with flowers all day? Well, as fun as that would be, there is a bit more to it than that. So, I thought it would be fun and helpful to share some of the details of my floral design process. This series will be a great resource if you are planning your wedding or an event, or if you are an aspiring florist curious about what full-time floral design is like.
How it Works: Booking a Floral Designer for Your Wedding or Event
If you’re in the process of planning your wedding or know someone who is, here is what you can expect when you’re getting ready to book your floral designer.
1. You get in touch. The first step to working with us is filling out our wedding questionnaire. It’s super quick and easy, and filling it out helps us to get a brief snapshot of who you are and what you’re looking for!
2. We plan a chat. Once we receive your inquiry, you can expect a welcome email within 24 hours. This is where we’ll set up a time to get to know each other via FaceTime or phone call.
3. We meet! On our “get to know you” call, we’ll talk a little bit about your story and what your vision is for your wedding. We will also discuss a high-level view of your wedding florals. We just want to get an idea of the style and quantity of flowers you’ll need, so we can put together a proposal for you.
· TIP: Not entirely sure what you need, or what your budget should be? That’s what we’re here for! We are always up front about cost, so we are able to show you how to best utilize your budget to achieve your goals. And with our experience and insight, we can help you have a gorgeous wedding without breaking the bank.
Next Up: The Proposal and Contract
4. We create your proposal. Using our custom quote tool we’ve perfected over the years, we’ll construct a budget proposal for you. The proposal will include the items we talked about during our meeting, and an estimated budget range for the proposed florals. This proposal won’t list your exact flowers or vessels—that part comes later—but it will give you a high-level view of your wedding florals and your budget.
5. You make some decisions. Next, we’ll send you your custom proposal, along with a contract. We’ll hold your date for 72 hours while you look over the proposal and make minor changes.
6. You say yes! When you’re ready to move forward, you’ll sign your contract electronically and submit your retainer within 48 hours.
7. Congrats, you’re booked! The next step is the FUN part: picking out your blooms, vessels and other details.
“Aleen Floral Design completely outdid my expectations for our wedding! Karen and her team were so professional and welcoming from start to finish. Their design process and meetings were so helpful and everything turned out beautifully!”Erin M.
On to the Fun Part: Choosing Your Flowers
After your wedding or event is officially booked, it’s time to get to the exciting part: our Design and Plan session. Stay tuned for Part 2 of this series, where we’ll talk about picking out your blooms, vessels and more!
Are you ready to start planning your wedding or event florals? We would love to chat with you! Get in touch here.